AYSA “Modified” (MOD) Program – Ages 4-10
AYSA's MOD soccer program is one of the largest in the South King County area. The program provides a fun and safe environment for children ages 4-10 to enjoy the game of soccer. Practice fields are conveniently located within the Auburn School District. Practice days and times are determined by our volunteer coaches and are held during the week. Games are primarily played on Saturdays. AYSA’s MOD program includes support by professional coaches. Every Mod team/coach will be provided with a training session conducted by a Rainier Valley Slammers coach, and Mod players will have opportunities to participate in technical clinics administered by the RV Slammers staff.
Players can expect:
• To have FUN in a structured learning environment
• To improve and develop as a soccer player via an age-appropriate curriculum
Parents can expect:
• Communication from the coaches on how players can improve away from soccer practice
• A safe and friendly environment
• Challenging and fun training for every player
Volunteer Coaches can expect:
• Guidance from professional coaches on how to plan practice sessions and get the most out of every player
• To acknowledge and encourage volunteers, the club will waive the player registration fee for one child per
household in the event their parent/guardian registers as a Head Coach.
Age Group Guidelines:
• U5-U6 (usually co-ed) – Teams play 3v3; size 3 soccer ball; four, 10-minute quarters
• U7 (no longer co-ed) – Teams play 3v3; size 3 soccer ball; four, 10-minute quarters
• U8 – Teams play 4v4, including a goalkeeper; size 3 soccer ball; four, 10-minute quarters; referees are introduced at this level
• U9 – Teams play 5v5, including a goalie; size 4 soccer ball; two, 25-minute halves
• Fall Season – Runs from the end of August to November
• Spring Season – Runs from the beginning of March to June
• Registration fee is $95 per season (includes a professional coaching clinic; uniform jersey, matching socks, and shorts; field fees; referee fees; WYS fees)
• $10 discount for early registration (check AYSA website for registration dates each season); $10 late charge (check AYSA website for registration dates each season)
Teams usually practice twice a week. Coaches will set dates and times for team practices.
For more information, please contact the AYSA Mod Director at email@example.com, or the AYSA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.