Auburn Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) is a non-profit organization committed to developing and maintaining a healthy environment for both recreational and competitive youth soccer programs. We believe that all levels of soccer should be available to any player with the attitude, desire and ability to compete regardless of financial status. It is our hope that no players opt out of soccer for financial reasons.
AYSA shall provide financial assistance, to the extent possible as dictated by the AYSA budget, to those individuals who can demonstrate need. Financial assistance in the form of a partial* reduction of a player’s registration fee will be available to members in need, in accordance with the guidelines listed below and subject to the AYSA Financial Assistance budget. *(A very limited number of full player fee funding is approved, thereby allowing AYSA to assist as many families in need as possible.) AYSA will be limited in its ability to provide financial aid based on member participation in submitting annual player fees and success in fundraising efforts. In the event of unforeseen financial hardship or unanticipated expense, AYSA reserves the right to postpone, rescind or terminate the Financial Assistance Program for the greater good of the association and its members.
- Parents of players requesting financial assistance must submit an application and supporting documents to the AYSA Financial Assistance Committee by the dates listed below. The link to the online Financial Assistance Application form is at the bottom of this page. Please read the following instructions before submitting an application.
- The Financial Assistance Application form must be filled out in its entirety and must provide a clear picture of need and/or special circumstances.
As a means of validating need, applicants must forward the following supporting documents (applications will not be reviewed until the supporting documents are received):
1) Signed copy of parents’ or guardians’ most recent Federal Tax Return (please black out your Social Security Numbers)
2) Copy of Federal School Lunch Acceptance Notice (if applicable)
- The above listed supporting documents should be scanned and emailed to: email@example.com; or, hard copies may be mailed to the AYSA Financial Assistance Committee: 328 - 37th ST NW, Suite A, Auburn, WA 98001.
- Family size/income should fall within the following guidelines:
- The amount of financial aid shall be determined by the Financial Assistance Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. A majority vote of the Board of Directors shall be required to approve all financial aid.
- The identity of individuals who apply for financial aid shall be considered confidential and only association members with the need to know will be informed.
- Financial Assistance recipients shall be notified via email upon funding being approved, with terms of the agreement detailed within.
- Initial payment of the player registration fee must be made during the registration process.
- Player registration fees not covered by financial aid are the responsibility of the parent.
- Financial Assistance recipients' families may not opt out of the RVS Volunteer Requirement. Families must perform the required number of volunteer hours or lose eligibility to apply for assistance the following year. Please refer to the RVS Player/Parent Handbook for details about the volunteer requirement.
- Financial Assistance applications for Rainier Valley Slammers high school Boys (U16-U19) players are due by March 31.
- Financial Assistance applications for Rainier Valley Slammers players (all age groups other than boys U16-U19) are due by May 31.
- Financial Assistance applications for AYSA Recreational players are due by July 1 for the Fall season.
- Financial Assistance applications for AYSA Modified players are due by February 28 for the Spring season and July 1 for the Fall season.
For further details, please contact the AYSA Financial Assistance Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
To fill out and submit the online Financial Assistance Application form, click HERE.